Mid-Town Barbers was founded in 1922 by Steve Rux in the lower level of the Spaulding hotel at 7th street and Franklin street in Michigan City, Indiana.
In 1932. John Michaels became owner and added Stan Henry as a partner in 1940. In 1966, Mid-Town barbers moved from the Spaulding Hotel to the other side of Franklin street. In 1977, Stan sold the barber shop to Chuck Hough and Tom Green. In 1988, Mid-Town moved again to its current location , a former Pullman Building, one block south of the Barker Mansion. In 2013, Chris Guthrie became partner at the shop.